Toronto Dermal Fillers
If you want to help reverse the effects of aging and revitalise your skin without undergoing a surgical procedure, dermal fillers may be one of the best choices for you.
Injectable dermal filler is a great option for both women and men who are looking to smooth out fine lines, wrinkles, create contours and add volume to the face to help reverse the effects of aging. Our Toronto dermal fillers (also known as facial filler products) approved for use in Canada, are temporary, yet long-lasting and non-surgical. They can result in a revitalized, refreshed and more youthful appearance.
Common areas of the face that are typically injected are lips, cheeks, under the eyes, nose, chin and jawline area. Our doctors only use the best and top-rated products available in Canada, such as Teosyal (Ultimate, Ultradeep, Kiss and RHA), Juvederm, Perlane, Restylane, Voluma and Volbella. All the products used at our clinic contain hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a substance that is naturally found in the human body already which means the injectable filler products are naturally broken down by the body over time and carry an extremely low risk of any type of allergic reaction. All our Toronto dermal fillers are safe to be injected and are fully approved by Health Canada.
Injectable dermal fillers can be used to fix a variety of concerns, including:
- Adding volume and smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles.
- Plumping thin lips, adding contour and shape and smoothing out vertical lines around the edges of the lips.
- Adjusting the appearance of the nose to mask a bump, lift the tip or create a bridge
- Augmenting cheeks to add volume and enhance their shape.
- Filling out hollowness under the eye area that can cause dark circles.
- Correcting hollowness in the temples
- Adding structure and definition to the chin area and jaw line
Minimize Bruising & Swelling
There are a few things patients can do prior to being injected with Toronto dermal fillers that will help to eliminate most of the swelling and bruising that can occur post injection. Patients should avoid blood thinners for about 2 weeks prior to their appointment. Ingesting blood thinners before injections can result in added swelling and bruising and could also result in longer, post-injection healing time. Here are some examples of some blood thinners that you should avoid taking.
- Avoid taking Ibuprofen, Aspirin or similar products (Aleve, Motrin, Advil).
- Avoid vitamin E, Fish oils, green tea, gingko biloba and ginseng.
- Avoid alcohol consumption for least 24 hours prior to treatment and it is also important to keep hydrated and eat before your appointment.
- Avoid smoking for at least 2 weeks prior to injections, if possible. If you smoke, please be aware that the chance of bruising will be greatly increased, and your healing time will lengthen.
Some further helpful tips to prepare you for your injectable filler appointment are as follows:
- Arrive at the clinic with a clean, makeup-free face.
- Patients should arrive 10- 15 minutes prior to their appointment time to read through and sign consents with their injector.
- Prior to injection, a topical numbing cream can be applied as well if needed for comfort.
- Patients should also let their doctor know, before the Toronto dermal fillers treatment, if you are taking any prescriptions or have been taking any kind of blood thinners.
The patient should try to arrive 10-15 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment time so the injector can apply numbing cream to the area that is going to be injected, the numbing cream will help with any possible discomfort or pain. Typically, our fillers do have numbing agents within the product itself (i.e.: lidocaine), so this will also help manage any discomfort during the injection process. Post-treatment, you may have some swelling, redness and bruising; these reactions are normal and will usually subside, on average within in 2 days. The signs of the injection can be covered with makeup if necessary. However, some of these symptoms can persist for up to 7-14 days. Other less common side effects can include minor bumps and itching (which will usually dissipate within a few days). If you feel any small, hardened areas, such as a lump or bump, this is completely normal. These nodules should soften and resolve shortly following the treatment; however, some may last up to 2 weeks- 30 days and are still considered normal.
There are a few things you should do post treatment to reduce the risks of additional swelling and bruising and to help you maintain beautiful results.
- Apply ice on and off to the Injected area(s), avoiding pressure, to reduce swelling for at least 24 hours post treatment.
- Avoid alcohol and any exercising or strenuous activities for at least 24 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid any touching/messaging to the injected area for at least 24 hours post treatment
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight, or hot temperature conditions should be avoided for the first 48-72 hours until any redness and swelling you may have dissipates.
- After the initial 24 hours post-injection, you can apply a warm compress to any area with a bruise. This will help bring fresh blood to the area to flush away the bruise.
- You can also eat pineapple, which naturally has bromelain in it- an enzyme that helps to resolve and heal swelling and bruising.
- Continue to avoid blood thinning products such as fish oils and green tea until you see that you have no bruising at the injection sites.
Please note that if you are injecting a specific area for the first time, your Toronto dermal fillers may metabolize faster than an area that has been injected several times before. Once you have built a foundation of filler in that specific area, after a few injections, spaced out over time, the filler will begin to last longer. Keep in mind, if you are very active and you work out avidly, this can cause your filler to metabolize quicker than usual.
Cost of Injectable Dermal Fillers
A very commonly asked question is what is the cost of dermal fillers? Dermal filler prices can be dependant upon the product being injected and the longevity of the product, as well as the experience of the injector. The longer lasting fillers, such as some of our Teosyal RHA products, last 6 months to 1 year.
Voluma or Vobella can last as long 18 months but will be at a higher cost since the longer lasting the dermal filler, the higher the cost. When it comes to your face we believe nothing, but the best is acceptable. Currently, our regular injectable filler prices are between $700-$850 per syringe, however, these prices are subject to change. We also have regular sales which can help to discount the cost of the injectable filler and keep them affordable. The injectors at Sovereign Skin are all experienced doctors who know and understand the anatomy of the face. This is worth so much because you can trust your face to our experts, knowing you will be well taken care of in the hands of a trained doctor.
The average length of a filler injection appointment is about 30 minutes. It only takes 10 to 20 minutes to inject certain areas depending on the individual. The number of facial areas being treated will increase the expected time frame of the appointment. One of the best things about injectable filler is that there is very little down time required after your injections, which means you can get beautiful results in just a short amount of time and can be back out to enjoy the rest of your day. Patients should keep in mind that there are some side effects of Toronto dermal fillers that can occur after injections, these side effects are usually very minimal and should dissipate in just a few days.
Some of the most common side effects include:
- Bruising at injection site- usually very minor and concealable with makeup if desired
- Temporary redness
- Swelling, pain and tenderness
- Lumps (granulomas/nodules), these lumps should dissolve in just a few days but can sometimes last up to 2 weeks.
Although complications can arise, there are some less common side affects that can occur. The ones listed below are usually quite rare and several of them can be a result of visiting an inexperienced injector. This is why we only have doctor injectors at Sovereign Skin- we want top quality of care provided for our patients, so they don’t have to be concerned about the following possibilities:
- Damage to the skin that results in a lesion and possible scarring
- Infection at the injection site
- Hardening of the filler under the surface of the skin
- Skin itching and rash
- Skin necrosis (loss of skin from interruption of blood flow)
It is very important that you address all your questions and thoughts about dermal filler with your doctor Injector. Although optimum results are expected, there is no absolute guarantee that you will be completely satisfied with your results. Because complications can sometimes arise from dermal filler injections, it is very important to be in the care of a qualified and trained physician who understands the risks and is well trained and prepared to deal with any complications that may arise. A well-trained injector not only aims at getting the best results for you– but they will also make sure that you have realistic expectations. In some situations, it might not be possible to attain optimal results with just one procedure. As well, injectable fillers dissipate over time, so to maintain your filler, you will need to consider repeating injections in intervals to achieve your desired look.
Whether you are dealing with wrinkles and fine lines, sunken in areas, thin lips or just want to achieve a more youthful and refreshed appearance, there is a dermal filler that can help. Another benefit of dermal fillers is that you get long-lasting results, which means you can maintain your beautiful results for several months before having to return for another appointment. Patients can return as often as they would like to have touch-ups to achieve their desired look. Our dermal filler injection doctors are experts at:
- Lip injections, lip plumping and lip augmentation
- Non-surgical nose job
- Cheek filler
- Chin filler and jawline contouring
- Correction of under-eye hallows
- Filling out of the temples
- Correction of deep lines and wrinkles
- Smoothing out nasolabial folds and marionette lines
- Cheekbone contouring
Contact us at Sovereign Skin to learn more about the excellent dermal filler products available for injection and let us schedule you an appointment for a more refreshed version of yourself!
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario’s Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.